Quiches don't have to have a pastry crust, there are so many other alternatives that are much more nutritious and less calorie, it doesn't have to be crustless either. This veg quiche used sweet potato as a crust making it naturally gluten free, super tasty and great for work lunches or to take on picnics.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat Slimming World Friendly
1 medium sweet potato
1 red onion
2tbsp quark (or cream cheese if preferred)
1tsp onion granules
Pinch sea saltPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 8 Servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Thinly slice the sweet potato and cover the bottom of a quiche dish, overlapping the edge so they interlock as much as possible. Bake in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 for 15 minutes until the sweet potato starts to brown slightly.
2. Dice the red onion and fry until browned, add spinach to the pan with about a tablespoon of water and let it wilt, this will take about 1-2 minutes.
3. Once the sweet potato has softened remove from the oven and scatter over the red onion and spinach. Peel and grate the carrot over the top too.
4. Beat the eggs, quark (or cream cheese),paprika, onion granules and salt together then pour over the vegetables. Lightly shake to make sure it is distributed all the way through the dish.
5. Return the dish to the oven fro 20-25 minutes until the eggs have cooked through and the quiche is browned on top. Slice and serve.
Nutritional info per serving