Strawberry Cakes - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 10th August 2014
Strawberries work so well in cupcakes, they make a delicious sponge sweeter and give it a slight moistness, and they are so easy to make. You can swap out strawberries for any berry instead if you want too, blueberries are a great alternative. Great for the kids and they are gluten and dairy free.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
210g Doves Gluten Free Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbinate of Soda
115g sunflower spread
180ml Light Soya Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
200g Caster Sugar
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Blitz the strawberries in a food processor until you get a chunky puree
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and bicarbinate of soda
3. Melt the sunflower spread in a pan, stir in the sugar, then add the soya milk, egg and vanilla essence.
4. Slowly add to the dry ingredients.
5. Fold in the strawberry puree.
6. Split the mix into 15 cake cases, bake in the oven on gass mark 4 for 20 minutes until golden.
This recipe makes 15 Cupcakes
Nutritional info per Cupcake
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk