Scotch eggs are surprisingly simple to make, we have made ours lovely and lean by using a different cut of pork with bacon rather than sausage meat. Coated in crunchy breadcrumbs they are great for a summer picnic. Why not have a go at mini ones by mashing up egg and rolling into balls to make the centres.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein FODMAP Friendly Slimming World Friendly
3 hard boiled eggs
1/2 a beaten egg
300g pork steak
2 rashers bacon
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp curry powder
2 slices Gluten Free breadPreparation Time:
25 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 3 Eggs
This recipe is free from...
1. Cut up the pork steak and bacon, put in a food processor with the parsley and curry powder and blend until you get a smoothish paste.
2. In a bowl crumb the bread (or in food processor).
3. Work the meat mix around the boiled eggs to make a smooth ball.
4. Dip into the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
5. Put on a baking sheet and cook for 20 mins on gas mark 5.
Nutritional info per egg