Pineapple and Lime Cake - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 6th October 2016
Extra fruit, sicky vegan and gluten free cake. This is really quite a chewy cake but that is how it is suppose to be, it has a fabulously fruity taste, packed full of pineapple and lime juice. It also has minimal ingredients and doesn't take much effort to make at all. Topped with beautiful buttercream it is a lovely dessert item.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
250g fresh pineapple
Juice and zest from 1 lime
15ml vegetable oil
150g gluten free self raising flour
50g sunflower spread
100g icing sugar
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 40 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Remove skin and core from pineapple, roughly chop the fruit and place the fruit into a blender.
2. Add the lime zest and juice, sugar and oil to the pineapple and blend for a minute or until you get a semi smooth puree, you don't want it fully smooth, it's nice to have some smallish chunks in your cake.
3. Once blended, transfer to a bowl and add the self raising flour, fold in the flour until you get a smooth batter.
4. Grease a cake pan with oil or sunflower spread, then pour in the cake batter. Place in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 and cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and a skewer pressed into the centre comes out clean.
5. Allow to cook on a cooling rack. Once cold cream together sunflower spread and icing sugar to make a buttercream and spread over the top. If you want to give the buttercream a bit of a zing add a drop of lime juice too it (but we think it's nice with just a plain vanilla buttercream).
This recipe makes 8 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk