Extra fruit, sicky vegan and gluten free cake. This is really quite a chewy cake but that is how it is suppose to be, it has a fabulously fruity taste, packed full of pineapple and lime juice. It also has minimal ingredients and doesn't take much effort to make at all. Topped with beautiful buttercream it is a lovely dessert item.
This recipe is...
Vegan Low Fat FODMAP Friendly
250g fresh pineapple
Juice and zest from 1 lime
15ml vegetable oil
150g gluten free self raising flour
50g sunflower spread
100g icing sugarPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 8 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Remove skin and core from pineapple, roughly chop the fruit and place the fruit into a blender.
2. Add the lime zest and juice, sugar and oil to the pineapple and blend for a minute or until you get a semi smooth puree, you don't want it fully smooth, it's nice to have some smallish chunks in your cake.
3. Once blended, transfer to a bowl and add the self raising flour, fold in the flour until you get a smooth batter.
4. Grease a cake pan with oil or sunflower spread, then pour in the cake batter. Place in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 and cook for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and a skewer pressed into the centre comes out clean.
5. Allow to cook on a cooling rack. Once cold cream together sunflower spread and icing sugar to make a buttercream and spread over the top. If you want to give the buttercream a bit of a zing add a drop of lime juice too it (but we think it's nice with just a plain vanilla buttercream).
Nutritional info per serving