If you are trying to cut the amount of refined sugar you eat this recipe maybe for you. Made mostly of eggs with added stevia sweetener (sterols from plants) and a lot less gluten free flour than in most cakes, this gluten free lemon poppy seed delight is lower carb and calorie than your average cake.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat Slimming World Friendly
250g natural greek yog
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
5g poppy seeds
175g gluten free self raising flourPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
1 HourThis recipe makes 10 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until thick, frothy and pale.
2. Once thick, whisk in the Greek yogurt until well combined and smooth.
3. Add the sweetener, lemon zest and juice, poppy seeds and gluten free self raising flour. Fold in with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
4. Grease a large loaf tin and spoon in the mixture. Place in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 and bake for 1 hour.
5. Once well browned, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Nutritional info per serving