Fruity Chicken Rice - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 29th November 2014
Rice is great cold as well as hot, with chicken and fruits it is a taste sensation and great for a working lunch, no need to warm up and fab in those hot summer months. Whether you pack it with decadent tropical fruits and coconut or with more simple fruits like in this recipe, cold rice is a fab hot day lunch.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
200g long grain rice
560g cooked chicken
400g green grapes
200g chopped pineapple
200g cucumber, diced
80g fat free natural yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp chopped basil
4 tbsp chopped parsley
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 25 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Place the long grain rice in a pan, add water until water is about double the amount of rice, boil until rice is tender, drain off any excess water and allow to cool.
2. Chop the chicken into bitesize pieces and add to the rice.
3. Add the grapes, pineapple and cucumber to the rice and chicken.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the natural yogurt, lemon juice, basil and parsley.
5. Stir the sauce through the rice and serve.
This recipe makes 4 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk