Rice is great cold as well as hot, with chicken and fruits it is a taste sensation and great for a working lunch, no need to warm up and fab in those hot summer months. Whether you pack it with decadent tropical fruits and coconut or with more simple fruits like in this recipe, cold rice is a fab hot day lunch.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Fat High Protein Slimming World Friendly
200g long grain rice
560g cooked chicken
400g green grapes
200g chopped pineapple
200g cucumber, diced
80g fat free natural yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp chopped basil
4 tbsp chopped parsleyPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
25 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Place the long grain rice in a pan, add water until water is about double the amount of rice, boil until rice is tender, drain off any excess water and allow to cool.
2. Chop the chicken into bitesize pieces and add to the rice.
3. Add the grapes, pineapple and cucumber to the rice and chicken.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the natural yogurt, lemon juice, basil and parsley.
5. Stir the sauce through the rice and serve.
Nutritional info per serving