Overripe bananas are just perfect for cakes, this recipe isn't Vegan but bananas can be used in place of eggs to make Vegan cakes, this recipe however uses both. The banana and cinnamon paired together add a gorgeous flavour to the cakes, a bit different from your regular run of the mill banana cake.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Fat
125g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
125g gluten free self raising
2 medium bananas, mashed or 1 large
2tsp granulated sugarPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 12 cupcakes
This recipe is free from...
1. Cream together the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl.
2. Beat two eggs in a jug, gradually add the egg and flour to the butter and sugar, alternating between the two (1/3 of the egg, mix, 1/3 of the flour, mix... etc) until all the egg and flour are well mixed in.
3. Mash the banana with a fork and then mix into the cake batter.
4. Put 12 cases in a cupcake tin, and fill with the cake batter. Place in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 for 15-20 mins until cooked.
5. Once cooled, mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of the cakes.
Nutritional info per cupcake