I love my quiches crustless, not that I have anything against pastry, I just find crustless quick and easier, no need to faff around with gluten free shortcrust pastry. The saltiness of the bacon in this one goes so well with asparagus, especially when British asparagus is in season. Of course you could put a pastry crust on if you want.
This recipe is...
Low Calorie Low Sugar High Protein Slimming World Friendly
4 slices bacon
12 spear asparagus
40ml semi-skimmed milk
2tsp mixed dried herbsPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
45 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Grill the bacon until cooked, cut into bitesize pieces and set aside for later.
2. Blanch the asparagus in a pan of boiling water until tender to touch.
3. In a flan dish layer the asparagus in the bottom and then add the bacon on top.
4. In a jug, beat the eggs with the milk and then pour over the top of the asparagus, sprinkle some mixed herbs over the top.
5. Place in a pre heated oven, gas mark 3, for 45 mins or until the the quiche is set and nicely golden on top.
Nutritional info per serving