I love a good cheesecake, this cheesecake has a lovely gluten free chocolate digestive base, a white chocolate cream cheese layer and finished off with decadent Popcorn Shed Salted Caramel Gourmet Popcorn. This is a dessert fit for any occasion, it's easy to make but also make a great centre piece at a party.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Egg Free
250g gluten free chocolate digestives
600ml double cream
100g icing sugar
400g full fat cream cheese
150g white chocolateTop
50g white chocolatePopcorn Shed Salted Caramel PopcornPreparation Time:
25 MinsCooking Time:
3 Hours 30 MinsThis recipe makes 12 slices
This recipe is free from...
There are so many popcorn brands around but I can honestly say that Popcorn Shed
are some of the best around, this totally amazing gourmet popcorn has seven different flavours available including chocolate, pecan pie and salted caramel. I love them all, but for this recipe I thought salted caramel worked the best, it goes so well with white chocolate and with the popcorn tasting so luxurious it makes a cheesecake perfect for any centre piece at a celebration!
Make sure you check out Popcorn Shed
, their popcorn is handmade, all natural, gluten free and vegetarian. They even add extra goodies into the packet such as whole nuts and fruity pieces to give extra texture and flavour.
1. Crush chocolate digestives until fairly fine, best way to crush them is to place in a food bag and bash them with a rolling pin, you could also use a food processor though if you like.
2. Melt margarine in a saucepan over a low heat, once just melted pour in the crushed biscuits and stir well to combine.
3. Using a 8 inch cake tin, preferably with a loose bottom, press the biscuit mix into the bottom, press down firmly and then place in the fridge for at least 30 mins to set.
4. Once the base has set you can make the cheesecake. Place the cream and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until you get stiff peaks.
5. Place the cream cheese in another bowl, lightly beat with a fork so it isn't as stiff then tip into the bowl with the cream and fold in.
6. Melt the white chocolate either in the microwave or over a pan of water then pour into the cheesecake mix, work swiftly, fold the white chocolate in, it will quickly set with the cold cream and cheese.
7. Pour the cheesecake mix on top of the base, press down and smooth with a spatula, place back in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours to set.
8. Once set lift the cheesecake from the tin and clean up the edges. Pile up gorgeous Popcorn Shed Salted Caramel Popcorn
in the middle and finish with extra shards of white chocolate broken up.
NB: No nuts in the recipe but Popcorn Shed popcorn may contain peanuts and other nuts.Sponsored by Popcorn Shed
Nutritional info per slice