You can't beat a good chocolate muffin, add some banana to the mix and for me you are onto a winner! Banana makes an amazing substitute for egg so if you are using bananas in baking why not skip the egg, you'll still get the softness and rise and you can easily make them vegan just by switching that one simple ingredient.
This recipe is...
Vegan Low Fat
450g gluten free self raising flour
20g cocoa powder
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1ts baking powder
220g caster sugar
2 medium bananas
200ml sunflower or vegetable oil
300ml soya milk
1tsp vanilla extractPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
25 MinsThis recipe makes 15 muffins
This recipe is free from...
1. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbinate of soda and baking powder and mix well..
2. Mash the bananas and add to the flour mix.
3. Add the oil, milk and vanilla to the flour and mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. Line a muffin tin with cases and put around 3 teaspoon of the mix into each case (about 3/4 full).
5. Place in a preheated oven (gas mark 4) for 20-25 mins until firm and cooked through.
Nutritional info per muffin