Toad in the hole, frog in a ditch or whatever moniker you prefer for sausages in a Yorkshire Pudding, this classic English dish has been made gluten free using our Yorkshire Pudding recipe. Key is making sure your oil is spitting hot to get a good rise on your pud! A perfect meal time treat, great soaked in gravy!
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein
2 large eggs
2 or 3 large gluten free pork sausagesPreparation Time:
25 MinsCooking Time:
50 MinsThis recipe makes 2 to 3 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Whisk together the cornflour, eggs and milk in a bowl or jug until smooth (feel free to add a little salt and pepper if you like too),stand on the side for 10-15 mins.
2. Using square pyrex glass dish or pie dish, add the oil and place in an oven preheated to gas mark 7, the oil needs to be so hot that it is spitting, it will take around 15-20 mins to reach this temperature (to test drop in a little batter, if it spits and bubbles it is hot enough).
3. While the oil is heating place your sausages in the bottom of the oven so they begin to cook through, just to ensure they are fully cooked later.
3. Once the oil is hot enough, remove the dish and the sausages from the oven. Pour in the batter mix and drop the sausages into the middle. Still on gas mark 7, leave in the oven for 20 mins until browned, whatever you do don't open the oven door during this time or the batter will not rise.
4. After 20 mins, without opening the door, turn the oven down to gas mark 2 and leave for a further 10 mins to make sure the inside of the batter and the sausages are cooked through.
5. Serve with gravy and veg.
Nutritional info per serving