Swiss Roll - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 13th August 2017
I didn't even know I missed swiss roll until I made this. Completely gluten free and filled with fresh homemade strawberry jam (you can use shop bought, but there is something about homemade) which has a lovely mild flavour. The sponge is beautifully soft, just remember to "train" it while warm so it will roll later!
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
3 large eggs
120g caster sugar plus 2tbsp
1tsp vanilla extract
125g gluten free plain flour
150g strawberry jam
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 10 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Whisk eggs and sugar together (minus the extra 2tbsp needed later) until thick and creamy (at least 5 minutes with an electric whisk).
2. Add vanilla extract to the whisked eggs and fold in the flour with a wooden spoon.
3. Grease a 9" by 11" swiss roll tin and pour in the mixture, place in oven preheated to gas mark 5 and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and springs back when touched.
4. Immediately turn out onto a piece of grease proof paper dusted with 2tbsp of caster sugar, score a line two cm from one of the short sides to make it easier to roll, then spread over the jam.
5. With the scored side away from you, roll the swiss roll toward you using the greaseproof to help, making sure the first roll is nice and tight. Slice and serve.
This recipe makes 10 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk