This has to be my favourite curry, I could live off all types of curry, but this one is one that I could just eat every day. Naturally gluten free and vegan it is packed with so many aromatic spices, sweet potato to give it a sweet delicate flavour and gorgeous chickpeas along with so many other flavours.
This recipe is...
Vegan Low Sugar Low Fat High Protein High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
250g sweet potato
1tsp ground coriander
1/2tsp chilli powder
2tsp fresh ginger
1tsp crushed garlic
150ml Alpro coconut milk
100ml vegetable stock
70g spinachPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
3 Hours 30 MinsThis recipe makes 2 Servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Chop the tomato (no need to peel),dice the onion and peel and chop the sweet potato (about 1/2inch cubes in size) and place into a slow cooker along with the chickpeas.
2. Add all the spices, ginger and garlic to the vegetables and pour in the coconut milk and vegetable stock.
3. Turn the slow cooker on high for 3 hours until the sweet potato is nice and soft.
4. The curry is not yet finished, a the cornflour mixed into about 2tbsp of water and stir into the curry, turn the slow cooker on high for a further 1/2 an hour so it can thicken, a few minutes before the end stir in the spinach so it can wilt but not over cook then serve.
5. If you don't want to use a slow cooker you can do this in a pan, place all except the cornflour an spinach in a pan and cook on a medium heat for 30-45 minutes until the sweet potato is soft, stir in the cornflour to thicken then add the spinach, wilt and serve.
Nutritional info per serving