Souffles are always though of as being difficult since they flop back down very easily but that isn't true, yes they do collapse quick but they certainly aren't difficult to make at all. My naturally gluten free strawberry souffle is gorgeously fruity and uses minimal ingredients, it is great for after any meal.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Fat Dairy Free FODMAP Friendly Slimming World Friendly
2 tsp oil
50g caster sugar
1 large egg whitePreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
14 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Prepare 2 ramekins by placing a teaspoon of oil into each, use a pastry brush to spread it all over the bottom and sides.
2. Weigh out the caster sugar, take a good spoonful and sprinkle over one of the ramekins, make sure it coats the side and bottom, sticking to the oil, return any sugar which hasn't stuck to the rest of the sugar to use later, repeat with the other ramekin.
2. Roughly chop and purée the strawberries in a blender or food processor.
3. In a bowl whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks, once stiff gradually whisk in the caster sugar.
4. With a metal spoon, gently fold the strawberry purÃ©e into the egg whites.
5. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins and place in an oven preheated to gas mark 5. Bake for 12-14 mins until the top is nicely browned. Serve warm.
Nutritional info per serving