Strawberry Jaffa Cakes - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 1st September 2017
The cheats way of making jaffa cakes that are ridiculously easy to make. These jaffa cakes can be made in any flavour you can get jelly in! The base has been made gluten free and the jelly is naturally gluten free, we did ours strawberry so it was a bit different from traditional jaffa cakes!
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
1/4 pack Hartleys strawberry jelly
30ml boiling water
1 large egg
25g caster sugar
25g gluten free self raising flour
50g milk chocolate
Preparation Time: 30 Mins
Cooking Time: 17 Mins
This recipe is free from...
1. Dissolve the jelly in the boiling water, pour into a flat dish so the jelly is around 3mm thick and put in the fridge to set, at least 30 minutes. (You may find it easier to make up make up the whole pack of jelly with 120ml of water instead of making up just a quarter and placing the jelly in a flan dish, you could use the rest as gummy sweets!)
2. Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg and caster sugar in a bowl until thick, pale and creamy then fold in the flour.
3. Grease a tam tart tin with butter, 3/4 fill each hole with about a dessert spoon full of the batter mix. Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes on gas mark 3 until lightly browned and sponge springs back when pressed.
4. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to go cold.
5. While the cakes are cooling, cut your jelly circles. We found the easiest way to do this is lift the jelly up with a fish slice then cut into rough circles, about 3/4 of the size of the width of top of your cakes.
6. Place a jelly disk in the centre of each cake.
7. Melt the chocolate in a microwave, place a spoonful on the top of the jelly and ease it down the sides, be careful though as it will melt the jelly slightly. Allow to cool.
NB: You could use orange jelly to get a more traditional jaffa cake or even use other flavours, we bet lemon or lime would be good! You could also make these dairy free by using dairy free chocolate.
This recipe makes 8 jaffa cakes
Nutritional info per jaffa cake
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk