You can't not have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. These ones are a little different, these beauties almost remind me of a cross between Yorkshire Puddings and crumpets, they are super fluffy in the middle. We have made them gluten free and topped with strawberries and maple syrup they are divine!
This recipe is...
100g gluten free self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg
1/2tsp vanilla extract
2 large strawberries
2tbsp maple syrupPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Lightly grease a frying pan and 4 crumpet rings, place on a very low heat and allow to warm up while you make the mix.
2. Place the self raising flour in a bowl along with the baking powder and mix.
3. Stir in the caster sugar and create a well in the middle of the flour mix.
4. Crack the egg into the well and also pour in the oil, milk and vanilla extract. Using either a bell whisk or an electric whisk, whisk the mixture until smooth.
5. Pour the mix into each crumpet ring, no more than 3/4 fill the rings as they will rise a fair bit. Place a lid on top of the frying pan and fry for 8-9 minutes. You should get some air bubbles on top and the sides will appear dry.
6. Remove the lid and flip the pancakes over, fry for a further 1 minute.
7. Remove from the frying pan and take out of the crumpet rings.
8. Chop the strawberries into small pieces and scatter over the top of the pancakes then drizzle over maple syrup.
Nutritional info per serving