When it comes to pancake day, or Shrove Tuesday, you have to have the naughtiest pancakes possible, especially when you have a super sweet tooth. These pancakes are made with a simple batter mix then packed with super sweet strawberries, deliciously creamy soya based ice cream and topped with smooth chocolate.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free FODMAP Friendly
IngredientsFor the pancakes
125g gluten free plain flour
1 medium egg
250ml soya milk
3 scoops diary free vanilla ice cream
100g strawberriesFor the chocolate sauce
50g dairy free dark chocoate
1/2tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp dairy free butterPreparation Time:
25 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 3 pancakes
This recipe is free from...
1. Using a whisk, beat together the plain flour, egg and soya milk in a large bowl or a jug. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before use.
2. Place a little oil or low fat spray in a frying pan, heat the pan for a few minutes so it is nice and hot.
3. Pour some of the batter mix into the frying pan, fry on one side for 2-3 mins, lifting the edges occasionally to help stop them sticking. Flip over and fry for another few mins on the other side, remove from the pan and place on a plate.
4. Repeat step 2 with the remaining pancakes. You may want to keep the pancakes warm in a very low oven while making the sauce.
5. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about a minute, stir in the butter until it melts along with the golden syrup.
6. Cut strawberries in half and place some on one side of each pancake, top with a scoop of ice cream and fold the pancakes over. Top with chocolate sauce.
If you wish the recipe to not be dairy free, you can use normal ice cream in place of dairy free, standard butter or margarine and ordinary milk
Nutritional info per pancake