I love a good sticky toffee pudding, this one is made gluten free, obviously, and it certainly packs a punch in the taste department, it is super sweet and fabulously sticky, packed with dates and topped with sauce it is a perfect dessert for a treat night at the weekend.
This recipe is...
110g medjool dates
70g dark brown muscovado sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
2tbsp black treacle
120g gluten free self raising flour
60g dark muscovado sugar
1tbsp golden syrupPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
25 MinsThis recipe makes 4 puddings
This recipe is free from...
1. Chop the dates into small pieces and soak in boiling water for 10 mins.
2. Meanwhile cream the sunflower spread and sugar together in a bowl. Add golden syrup and treacle and beat well. Add the flour and eggs and beat until smooth then add vanilla extract.
3. Pour the dates and water into a blender and blend until smooth then add to the flour mixture.
4. Grease 4 small pudding tins and 3/4 fill each with the mix, place in an oven preheated to gas mark 6/200°C for 20-25 mins until risen and cooked through. Remove from the tins.
5. To make the sauce, place all the sauce ingredients in a pan and stir until melted, bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, then pour over the puddings.
The original version of this recipe first appeared in our 2018 recipe calendar. This version is mostly the same but the amount of sugar has been lessened.
Nutritional info per pudding