A snickerdoodle is a popular basic biscuit rolled in cinnamon, originally from Germany but now very popular in the US, they are especially popular come Christmas time when the Christmas spices, especially cinnamon grow more popular. They are a very easy to make biscuit and it's even easier to eat the lot!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Fat Dairy Free
190g sunflower spread
300g gluten free self raising flour
2tsp cream of tartar
1tsp bicarbonate of sodaCinnamon Sugar
3tsp ground cinnamonPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
12 MinsThis recipe makes 36 biscuits
This recipe is free from...
1. Mix together butter, sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
2. Mix rest of the biscuit ingredients in a bowl and then add to the egg mix, beat well to create a very thick batter and chill for 10 mins.
3. Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
4. Roll walnut sized balls of the batter in the sugar and cinnamon mix until thoroughly covered. The batter will not be holdable to create balls with, so use a spoon to drop it in the sugar, once coated you should be able to hold it.
5. Place the balls on baking tray a fair way apart as they spread. Bake for 12 mins on gas mark 4. Remove from the tray immediately and cool.
You can use margarine or butter instead of sunflower spread if you don't want them dairy free
Nutritional info per biscuit