Iced biscuits are the easiest biscuits you can possibly makes. Just vanilla crunchy biscuits then topped with icing in anyway you like, get decorating with the kids, ours were decorated with a Children in Need theme but you can do absolutely anything for any occasion, why not try animals, patterns or Christmas themed.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat Dairy Free
90g sunflower spread
100g caster sugar
1 large egg
1/2tsp vanilla extract
250g gluten free plain flour
Various food colouringsPreparation Time:
40 MinsCooking Time:
17 MinsThis recipe makes 16 biscuits
This recipe is free from...
1. Cream together sunflower spread with caster sugar.
2. Crack in the egg and beat well, add in the vanilla extract.
3. Mix in the plain flour until you get a solid, handlable batter. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, roll out the dough on a well floured surface until about 3-4mm thick (this will make a nice crunchy biscuit) and cut into rounds (we used a 3" cutter) and place on a greased baking tray, they don't spread much so you can place them fairly close together.
5. Place in the oven for 13-17 minutes until the edges start to go golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to go cold before decorating.
6. Use scraps of icing to decorate however you like, colour the icing with food colouring if you wish, stick the icing on to the biscuits using a little icing sugar mixed with water.
Nutritional info per biscuit