Which way do you have your scones, jam first, or cream? Well whichever you have it, it will work perfectly on this gluten free beauties. Scones aren't easy to get to rise when gluten free, so make sure you cut them thicker than you would normally and they will come out just fine, eat hot or cold and top how you like!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat
350g self raising gluten free flour
60g caster sugar
150ml milkPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 7 scones
This recipe is free from...
1. Place the flour in a bowl and rub in the butter with your hands to get a breadcrumb consistency.
2. Stir in the sugar then add in beaten eggs and the milk, mix well with a wooden spoon until to thick, then switch to hands to bring the dough together, it should form into a handle-able ball which is quite soft, if it is too wet to handle add a little more flour.
3. Bring the dough into a ball and wrap in clingfilm, place in the fridge for 10-15 minis so it firms up a little.
4. Once firmed, press the dough down until about 3-4cm in thickness then use a 4" cutter to cut out rounds. Cut out each scone and place on a baking tray. Keep rolling the dough into balls, pushing down and cutting until all the dough is used.
5. Place the scones in an oven heated to gas mark 7, bake for 10-12 minutes until browned. Serve with jam and cream!
Nutritional info per scone