Standard salads get so boring, there are just so many variations of salads you can do that don't involve lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Packed with beans, rice and a bed of spinach this salad is packed with nutrients and tastes so good especially topped with feta cheese! If you leave the feta off this is also vegan as well as gluten free.
This recipe is...
Low Fat High Protein High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
100g basmati rice
150g canned chickpeas
200g canned mixed bean salad
100g green beans
4 spring onions
90g fetaPreparation Time:
5 MinsCooking Time:
20 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Cook the basmati rice per the packet instructions. Once the rice is tender add chickpeas and mixed bean salad and cook for a further minute.
2. Remove the rice and beans from the heat and drain off any remaining water. Set aside and allow to cool.
3. While the rice is cooling, chop the green beans and cook in a pan of water until softened.
4. Once the rice is cool add in the green beans and chopped spring onion, stir well.
5. Place spinach on plates and spoon on the rice and bean mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over the top and crumble on the feta.
NB: if you leave off the feta this dish will be vegan.
Nutritional info per serving