Cheesecakes don't have to be ridiculously hard to make, these mini ones are gluten free and use just 4 simple ingredients. We prefer to use Morrisons Free From Custard Creams as they aren't quite as dusty as some other brands but any gluten free custard cream will work. You could even change biscuits, why not try with bourbons!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat Slimming World Friendly
6 gluten free custard creams (we used Morrisons Free From ones)
250g vanilla quark
1 large eggPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
45 MinsThis recipe makes 6 Mini Cheesecajes
This recipe is free from...
1. Crush the custard creams in a plastic food bag, you want them to break down so there isn't any really big chunks. You could use digestives instead but we think the custard creams give the base a really nice flavour and the "cream" helps hold the base together a bit more.
2. In a saucepan, melt the margarine until just melted, then stir in the crushed biscuits.
3. Line a cupcake tin with cases (this just makes them easier to get out later) and press some of the biscuit into the bottom of each, push down firmly to make sure it is well stuck together.
4. Beat together the vanilla quark and egg and then pour on top of the biscuit bases. Shake the tin to make sure the topping is leveled out.
5. Place the tray in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is firm and they have browned slightly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Once cool remove from the tray and peel off the cupcake papers. Serve with fruit, or with a good dollop of cream or ice cream.
Nutritional info per mini cheesecake