Cake pops are so cute and so easy to make gluten and dairy free, just as easy as making normal cake pops. You do need cake pop moulds to make them, or you could use an alternative method; cook the cake as you would a normal one, once cooked break up and mix with butter cream and mould into balls!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat Dairy Free
50g sunflower spread
80g caster sugar
140g self raising flour
1/2tsp baking powder
2tsp golden syrup
300g dairy free white chocolate
1/2tsp orange food colouring
25 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 24 cake pops
This recipe is free from...
1. Peel and chop the pumpkin into chunks, place in a pan of water and boil until soft, around 20 minutes.
2. Once soft, cool slightly then place in a blender with a little of the water and blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Cream together the butter and caster sugar in a bowl.
4. In another bowl mix the flour, spices and baking powder together.
5. Beat the egg into the creamed mix then add golden syrup and pureed pumpkin. Fold in the flour mix until everything is well combined.
6. Fill one half of cake pop mould with the mix, a heaped teaspoon usually fills it, place the top on the cake pop mold, place in the oven and bake on gas mark 4 for 18-20 mins.
7. Remove from oven, and gently remove the balls from the mold, set aside and allow to go cold.
8. Once the cakes are cold, melt chocolate in the microwave, only 20-30 seconds is needed to melt it. Add food colouring and stir in to get a nice pumpkin orange.
7. Place the cake pops on cocktail sticks and dip in the chocolate, roll round to coat. You can stand them upside down on a plate to dry but of course this will give them a flat top, alternatively place them in something made of mesh, a chip net or something similar and place in the fridge to dry. Add any Halloween decorations you like, we used little plastic flies (just remember to remove them before eating if they aren't edible!)
Just use margarine instead of sunflower spread and any gluten free white chocolate
Nutritional info per cake pop