If you have left over pumpkin from making jack-o-lanterns then you have to try pumpkin bread. It is basically a spiced cake filled out with pumpkin puree, our version is gluten and dairy free and so deliciously spiced you won't be able to leave it alone. It is lovely on it's own, spread with butter or with a little peanut butter!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free
300g gluten free self raising flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1tsp ground cloves
1tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground ginger
120g sunflower spread
400g pumpkin pureePreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
50 MinsThis recipe makes 10 slices
This recipe is free from...
1. In a medium sized bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and sugar and mix well.
2. Melt the butter over a hob or in the microwave, you want it just melted so it's not too warm.
3. Place the melted butter in a large bowl and whisk the eggs in, then add in the pumpkin puree (you can use canned or during autumn months you can make it fresh but boiling pumpkin fresh in a pan until soft and then blending until smooth) and whisk well.
4. Pour the flour mix into the pumpkin mix and gently fold the flour in until you get a smooth batter.
5. Grease a large loaf tin and pour in the mixture, place in the oven on gas mark 6 for about 30 minutes, after the 30 minutes turn the oven down to gas mark 3 for a further 20 minutes or until cooked. The loaf is cooked through when a skewer pressed into the middle comes out clean.
Nutritional info per slice