You'd never thing peanuts and prawns would go so well together but they do. In pasta you can create a kind of oriental twist with an Italian pasta base, we use a delicious gluten free pasta, but make sure you cook it so it's al dente otherwise you may find it goes a bit mushy! If you love peanuts you'll love this.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein High Fibre
2tbsp olive oil
2tbsp tamari sauce
2tbsp cyder vinegar
3tbsp smooth peanut butter
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
4-5 savoy cabbage leaves
100g unsalted peanutsPreparation Time:
40 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. In a bowl mix together the olive oil, tamari sauce, vinegar, peanut butter and cayenne pepper.
2. Drop in the prawns, coat well with the peanut mixture and allow to sit for 15-20 mins to marinade.
3. Meanwhile cook the pasta. While that is cooking cut the cabbage into strips and the carrot into ribbons. Once the pasta is almost cooked drop in the cabbage and carrot for a couple of minutes until pasta is cook and the veg heated though.
4. Add a little oil to a frying pan, drop in the peanuts and fry for a couple of mins, and then add in the prawns for another few minutes until prawns are heated through. Discard any sauce that is left over once you have taken the prawns out the marinade.
5. Pour pasta and veg onto a plate and top with the nuts and prawn mix.
Nutritional info per serving