Chinese dishes are so easy to make gluten free. Most dishes use the rule choose your protein, veg and then sauce when it comes to Chinese cooking, this peking dish is exception. Just switch soy sauce to tamari sauce (the Japanese equivalent which is gluten free) and you are good to go with Chinese cooking.
This recipe is...
Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat High Protein High Fibre Slimming World Friendly
2 chicken fillets
1tsp chinese five spice
1/2 red pepper
3 spring onions
100g bamboo shoots
100g bean sprouts
1 1/2tbsp tamari sauce
1/2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2tbsp tomato puree
100ml chicken stockPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Dice the chicken fillets into bitesize chunks. In a bowl mix together cornflour and chinese five spice, add in the chicken and mix around until all the pieces are lightly dusted.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan or wok until smoking hot, add the chicken and fry for a couple of minutes on a high heat to brown, turn the pieces over and fry for another couple of minutes, turn the heat down and allow the chicken to finish cooking through.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add sliced asparagus, red pepper, spring onions and mushrooms to the pan along with the bamboo shoots and bean sprouts, stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. In a jug or bowl mix together the tamari sauce, sweet chilli sauce, tomato puree and chicken stock.
5. Add the chicken back to the frying pan with the vegetables and pour in the sauce, cook for a further 3-4 minutes, the sauce should thicken slightly, then serve.
Nutritional info per serving