Cakes don't have to just be packed with chocolate, caramel or coconut, why not switch to a fruity cake. You can keep it a sponge but add some fabulous chunky pieces of fruit to add some natural sugars and superb flavours to the mix! You don't have to do peach and pineapple, you can do pretty much any fruit!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free
225g sunflower spread
300g plain soya yogurt
350g gluten free plain flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp bicarbinate of soda
2 ripe peaches
200g pineapplePreparation Time:
40 MinsCooking Time:
2 HoursThis recipe makes 12 slices
This recipe is free from...
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4, peel and chop the peaches and pineapple into bitesize chunks and set aside.
2. Cream together the sunflower spread and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in each egg, one at a time until well combined and then mix in the yogurt.
4. In a separate bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder and bicarbinate of soda, gradually add to the egg mixture, beating well until smooth and thick.
5. Mix in the fruit pieces and pour the mix into a greased and lined round cake pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, turn the oven down to gas mark 3 and continue baking for another 45 mins, if not cooked after then put back in the oven 10-20 mins and try again.
To make the recipe not dairy free, replace sunflower spread with any butter or margarine and the soya yogurt for natural yogurt
Nutritional info per slice