No Refined Sugar Banana, Walnut and Honey Cake - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 14th November 2019
This fab cake is gluten and dairy free and also refined sugar free instead using honey to sweeten it. Packed with bananas, crunchy walnuts and the sweet honey it is a beautiful cake on its own or even better with a bit of butter (or dairy free butter) spread onto it! Perfect for an afternoon treat.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
300g bananas (no peel)
100g walnuts (without shells
150g self raising flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g sunflower spread
75g runny honey
Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites,
1. Mash the bananas in a bowl, don't worry about making it super smooth, some chunks are good.
2. Place walnuts in a bag and lightly crush, you want big pieces but not quite full halves, throw these in the bowl with the banana.
3. Add in the flour, bicarb and sunflower spread, use a fork to gently cream the sunflower spread in once starting to combine beat together with a wooden spoon.
4. Add the honey and egg and beat once again to combine and get a more cake like texture.
5. Pour the mix into a 2lb loaf tin which has been greased and lined, place in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 and bake for 50 min to 1 hour!
This recipe makes 8 slices
Nutritional info per slice
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk