Gluten free naan bread is near impossible to gets, it seems to drift in and out of supermarkets faster than Tesco's scampi (and that takes some beating). This naan bread is pretty easy to make and goes great with any curry, it doesn't need a great lot of ingredients and it cooked in a frying pan.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Sugar Low Fat
100ml warm milk
1 1/2tsp sugar
1tsp dried yeast
200g gluten free plain flour
1/2tbsp baking powder
1tbsp vegetable oil
2tbsp natural yogurtPreparation Time:
1 HourCooking Time:
12 MinsThis recipe makes 2 naan bread
This recipe is free from...
1. Mix together milk (warm to touch, not to hot),sugar and yeast in a jug and set aside for 5-10 mins.
2. Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl, add in milk mix, oil and yogurt and combine well with your hands to make a dough.
3. Wrap loosely in oiled cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for 40 mins.
4. Split dough into 4 and roll into oval shapes, roll out with a rolling pin on a well floured surface. try and keep them as oval as possible.
5. Dry fry each naan in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes on both sides until browned and serve.
Nutritional info per naan bread