Molten Chocolate Christmas Puds - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 2nd December 2017
Melt in the middle chocolate puddings are the best, that beautiful lava effect when you cut into them are just dreamy! These gluten free chocolate Christmas puddings have that gorgeous melt in the middle effect and topped with delicious white chocolate, an indulgent change from traditional Christmas pudding!
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
50g 70% dark chocolate
40g caster sugar
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
2tsp cocoa powder
40g gluten free plain flour
30g white chocolate
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
TIP: While we haven't made this one dairy free, it is possible to make it dairy free too using dairy free spread and dairy free dark and white chocolate.
1. Break the dark chocolate into a bowl and add the butter. Melt in the microwave, you're best putting it in for 15 seconds, stir well and repeat until completely melted. Allow to cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, place the caster sugar, egg and egg yolk, whisk with an electric whisk for a minute or two, until the eggs go slightly paler and thicken.
3. Whisk in the cooled chocolate and butter mix then gently fold in sifted flour.
4. Grease ramekin dishes or panna cotta moulds with butter, put a tsp of cocoa powder into each, shake and roll round until the mould is coated in cocoa powder and tip any excess away.
5. Pour the chocolate mix into the moulds and place in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 for 15 minutes, 16 minutes will give slightly less runny chocolate and more cake, anything more than 18 minutes and you won't have any molten chocolate so make sure to keep an eye on the time.
6. A minute or two before removing the cakes from the oven melt the white chocolate in the microwave ready.
7. Be careful as you remove from the moulds as the cake will be softer and quite weak because of the molten middle. Tip upside down and remove the mould.
8. Spoon over the white chocolate gently pushing it over the edges. Serve immediately.
This recipe makes 2 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk