Naturally gluten free, buckwheat makes fab gingerbread, with it's slight bitterness, it pairs well with the ginger and golden syrup making a delicious tasting and crunchy biscuit. We've also made this dairy free and vegan and mini so you can get away with eating a few extra! You could even add some icing for a face and buttons.
This recipe is...
Vegan Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat FODMAP Friendly Slimming World Friendly
70g soya spread
50g muscovado sugar
1.5tbsp golden syrup
90g buckwheat flour
90g gluten free plain flour
Pinch cayene pepper
1 tsp cinnamonPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 19 gingerbread men
This recipe is free from...
1. Melt together soya spread, sugar and golden syrup, stirring the whole time.
2. Allow to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile mix together all the other items in a bowl.
4. Slowly stir in the melted mix, mix until you get a nice stiff ball that you can easily handle.
5. Let the dough cool a bit, but not until cold.
6. Roll out and use a small gingerbread man cutter (should get about 19 if you keep rerolling using all the dough up).
7. Bake in oven on gas mark 6 for 10 mins.
Nutritional info per biscuit