If you are one of the lucky ones like me who can tolerate gluten free oats, then you are on to a winner with flapjack. With it being Easter, I just had to use mini eggs in this scrummy golden syrup flapjack. You can use any gluten free oats, but for this one we used Delicious Alchemys.
This recipe is...
130g dark brown sugar
2tbsp golden syrup
250g gluten free oats (we used Delicious Alchemy Oats
100g mini eggs + 12 mini eggs for the topPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 12 pieces
This recipe is free from...
1. Place the sugar, margarine and golden syrup in a bowl and mix together, it can be quite stiff to mix but this is fine.
2. Add in the porridge oats, make sure it is well combined and all the oats are well covered in the sugar mix.
3. Place 100g mini eggs in a bag and hit them with a rolling pin to break them up, don't be too vigorous with them you still want some good chunks. Mix these into the oat mix.
4. Line a deep baking tray (about 6" square tin),press the oat mix firmly into the tray.
5. Place in an oven preheated to gas mark 6 and bake for 15 mins.
6. Once cooked remove from the oven and place 12 mini eggs evenly across the top, you mist do this while hot other wise they won't stick to the flapjack. Let the flapjack cool.
7. When warm but not completely cold, cut into 12 pieces.
Nutritional info per piece