Mince pies are that Christmas tradition you just have to take part in, I'm not the biggest fan but I still have to make them, just because it's not Christmas without the smell of freshly baked pies otherwise! Delicious crumbly gluten free pastry filled with juicy, spiced mince meat, the must have Christmas tart.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Fat Dairy Free Nut Free
337g gluten free plain flour
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
174g sunflower spread
1 and 1/2 egg yolk
112g caster sugar
300g morrisons mincemeat or other gluten free mincemeat
Icing sugar for dustingPreparation Time:
30 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 15 pies
This recipe is free from...
1. Sift together the flour, salt and xanthan gum.
2. Rub in the soya spread to make a breadcrumb consistency.
3. Mix in the egg yolk and sugar.
4. With a round ended knife, gradually mix in the water until you reach a nice doughy consistency. You might need more or less than the 4 tbsp specified.
5. Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 15 mins or so before use.
6. Roll out the pastry and cut out 15 circles with a cutter.
7. Grease a patty tin and line each section with the rounds, place a teaspoon of mince meat in the middle of each.
8. Roll out the remaining pastry and use a star cutter to cut out 15 tops, place on top of each pie.
9. Place in the oven on gas mark 4 for about 30 mins until pastry is golden. Once cool dust with icing sugar.
Soya spread can be replaced with normal margarine if dairy free is not required
Nutritional info per mince pie