These biscuits are all about the decoration! Simple gluten free chocolate chip cookies which you could make and leave them as they are but for that Christmassy feel why not had melted snowman. It is a simple decoration that they kids will love to do involving icing, marshmallows and chocolate chips.
This recipe is...
250g gluten free plain flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2tsp xanthan gum
110g sunflower spread
80g dark muscovado sugar
40g granulated sugar
2 medium eggs
75g chocolate chips + extra for decoration
75g icing sugar
Black or brown writing icingPreparation Time:
45 MinsCooking Time:
10 MinsThis recipe makes 15 cookies
This recipe is free from...
1. In a bowl combine the gluten free plain flour, baking powder, bicarb and xanthan gum, set aside.
2. Cream together the margarine, muscovado sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Beat the eggs into the creamed mixture one at a time, then beat in the flour until you get a stiff dough which is just about handle-able.
4. Add chocolate chips to the dough, mix in, then wrap the dough in clingfilm, place in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes, this makes cookie dough much easier to work with so please do make sure you chill before you use it.
5. Once chilled, roll into a rough chunky sausage shape and cut into 15 equal size pieces. Roll each chunk into balls.
6. Place the balls on a baking tray and push down flat with your hand, to about 5mm thick. They can be fairly close together as they shouldn't spread much. Bake in an over preheated to gas mark 5 for about 9-10 minutes until they just start turning golden brown.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack until cold.
8. Add a few drops of water to the icing sugar to make simple white icing, add about 1-2 teaspoons to the top of each cookie, let it slide down over the edges so it looks melted.
9. Add 3 chocolate chips for buttons, drop them on as if they have slipped when the snowman has melted. Use writing icing to draw faces on the marshmallows they drop on the still wet icing. Allow to dry then draw on some arms again with writing icing.
Nutritional info per cookie