When you can't get enough of vanilla and chocolate cake you just have to marble it. Two delicious flavours of gluten free cakes swirled together to make the two flavours into one. Make two layers and sandwich with buttercream, if you like why not marble to butter cream too to match.
This recipe is...
250g caster sugar
235g gluten free self raising flour
15g cocoa powder
2tsp vanilla essenceFilling
80g icing sugar
50g icing sugar
1tsp cocoa powder
20g grated chocolatePreparation Time:
30 MinsCooking Time:
60 MinsThis recipe makes 10 slices
This recipe is free from...
1. Using a fork cream together the caster sugar and margarine in a bowl until creamy.
2. Crack the eggs into a jug and beat, add 1/3 of the egg to the sugar mix and beat well with a wooden spoon, add in 1/3 of the flour and beat again. Alternate adding these two ingredients until it is all used.
3. Separate the batter into two bowls as equally as you can, in one bowl add in the cocoa powder and beat well, in the other add the vanilla essence and again beat well.
4. Grease and line to cake pans and roughly pour in half of one of the mixes into one pan and the other half into the other. Pour in the second batter, again half into each, using a fork or skewer gently swirl the two batters together to get a rippled effect.
5. Place the cakes into an oven preheated to gas mark 5, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer pressed into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
6. Once cooked turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to go cold. One cold whisk together the icing sugar and margarine for the filling. Turn one of the cakes over so the top is on the bottom, and spread the buttercream over, firmly place the second cake on the top.
7. Cream together the icing sugar and margarine for the topping to again make buttercream, split the mix into two bowls and add whisk cocoa powder into one of the mixes. Roughly place one mix on top of the cake, followed by the other, and like with the cake swirl the two together with a fork or a skewer.
8. To finish the cake off top with some crushed up flake or twirl or use some grated chocolate scattered on the top.
Nutritional info per slice