If you want a simple cake to use up some overripe bananas this is the one for you. It uses just five ingredients, is gluten and dairy free, refined sugar free and just 83 calories a slice! You can't get better than that! This loaf cake is super light too as it's main ingredient is eggs, so it's not as heavy as other banana bread.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Low Calorie Low Sugar Low Fat Slimming World Friendly
200g banana (weight without peel)
50g gluten free self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
4 eggsPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 8 slices
This recipe is free from...
1. Mash the banana in a bowl, beat in the gluten free flour, baking powder, honey and two of the eggs.
2. Separate the other two eggs, the yolks can go in with the banana and be beat in, the white place in another bowl.
3. Whisk the two egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff peaks, fold the egg whites into the banana mix until well combined and you have a light fluffy mix.
4. Grease and line (we used fry light rather than oil but you can use either) a 2lb loaf tin and pour in the cake mix. Place in an oven preheated to gas mark 5 and bake for 30 mins, turn down the over to 3 and leave for another 10 mins to ensure it is baked all the way through.
5. Allow to cool in the tin slightly before turning out onto a cooling rack.
Nutritional info per slice