Liver is a desired taste, you either love it or loath it. If you love it, it is relatively easy to make liver and bacon in a gorgeous gravy and it is a cheap dish to make. Apart from the gravy, it is a naturally gluten free dish which is quick to make after a busy day at work, all you need is a frying pan!
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein Dairy Free Slimming World Friendly
1 large onion
4 slices bacon
500g liver (ox or lamb)
1tbsp gravy granulesPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 3 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Chop the onions, either dice or leave in long strips, and place in a hot fry pan. Fry until they are light brown and add in the bacon.
2. Fry the bacon for 3-4 mins on each side, keep moving them around so the onions don't burn.
3. Once the bacon is well cooked remove both bacon and onions from the pan and chop the bacon into bite size chunks, set aside for now.
4. Wash the liver and then place in the frying pan you have just used to do the onions and bacon, don't empty any of the fat from the bacon out of the pan, fry the liver in it. Fry on each side for about 4 minutes, the liver will lighten in colour as is cooks.
5. Once pretty much cooked through, add the bacon and onion back into the pan and also add 250ml of water (or enough to cover all the liver and bacon),leave to simmer for 10-15 mins.
6. Add the gravy granules to the pan and mix well, serve with vegetables of your choice and potatoes or beans.
Nutritional info per serving