Keema basically means minced meat, in this dish we spice it like curry and add in lots of yummy flavours, filled with lots of fresh vegetables and chickpeas to really bulk it out, this is a naturally gluten free dish which is quick and easy to make after a long hard day at work, you could even make extra and have it as lunch next day.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein High Fibre Dairy Free Slimming World Friendly
400g mince beef
1/2tsp crushed garlic
1/2tsp fresh ginger
60g green beans
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tbsp medium curry powder
150ml beef stock
200g canned chickpeasPreparation Time:
15 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Heat a frying pan until hot, add in the mince beef and cook through, once completely cooked remove from the frying pan and set aside.
2. Dice the onion and add to the hot frying pan along with the garlic and ginger, no need to drain off any of the juices from the mince just fry the onion in any remaining liquid until softened.
3. Chop the carrot and green beans and add into the onions, fry for the couple of minutes.
4. Add in all the spices and curry powder, mix to ensure the veg is coated well, add in the stock and allow the vegetables to soften cook for about 4-5 minutes on a low heat.
5. Add the mince back into the pan along with canned, drained chickpeas, mix well and heat through until the mince and chickpeas and piping hot.
Nutritional info per serving