I love a chocolate mousse, this one is highly indulgent and packed with chocolate, it is dairy free though as long as it's done with a dairy free chocolate! The better the quality of chocolate you use the nicer this mousse is so don't opt for a cheap chocolate, make sure you splash out a bit!
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free FODMAP Friendly
100g 70% or over dark dairy free chocolate
30g sunflower spread
2 egg yolks
3 egg whites
20g caster sugarPreparation Time:
25 MinsCooking Time:
1 HourThis recipe makes 3 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Melt the dark chocolate and sunflower spread together over a pan of hot water then remove from heat.
2. Separate the eggs, keeping the whites are all three eggs but only 2 yolks. Whisk the yolks until pale and creamy and then add to the chocolate.
3. Whisk the egg whites until you get stiff peaks and add in the caster sugar, whisking for a few seconds longer to give it a shine.
4. Pour the chocolate on top of the egg whites and slowly and gently fold int until you have a nice chocolatey mixture with no white streaks.
5. Separate into bowls and refrigerate for an hour or so until set.
Standard dark chocolate and standard margarine can be used in place of dairy free chocolate and soya spread if dairy free is not required
Nutritional info per serving