I love honey. I could eat it all day if you let me, with it's rich flavour and stickiness. If you can get local honey, even better, you will find the taste is much better than the ones commercially available. In this gluten free cake, honey gives it a rich, sweet flavour and makes it super moist and gooey.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free
230g runny honey
100g caster sugar
225g sunflower spread
3 large eggs
300g gluten free self raising flourIcing
1tbsp runny honey
1/2tbsp icing sugar
1/2tsp waterPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
1 Hour 30 MinsThis recipe makes 8 slices
This recipe is free from...
1. Place the honey, sugar and sunflower spread in a pan, heat over a low heat until the sunflower spread has melted and then bring to the boil.
2. Leave the honey mix to cool for about half an hour until cool but not cold to prevent the eggs from cooking in the next step. Weigh out the flour into a separate bowl.
3. Beat 3 eggs into the cooled honey mix and then pour onto the flour.
4. Beat the flour and honey mix together until fairly smooth.
5. Line a square cake pan with baking parchment and preheat oven to gas mark 3. Place the mix in the pan and bake in the oven for around 1 hour to 1 and half hours, a skewer should come out clean when poked into the centre of the cake once done.
6. Once the cake has gone cold, in a small bowl mix together the tablespoon of honey, icing sugar and water until you get a smooth thin paste and drizzle over the top of the cake.
Normal butter or margarine can be used if you don't need the cake to be dairy fre
Nutritional info per slice