Gammon Pasta Bake - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 24th April 2019
Have trouble getting veges in the kids (or the over grown kids)? This could be perfect, our gluten free gammon bake has a delicious veg packed sauce as well as peas and it is topped with cheese to give it a gorgeous crispy top. Quick and cheap family meal idea for any day of the week.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
2 red onions
2 red chilli
2 400g can chopped tomatoes
240g gluten free pasta
2 large slices of gammon
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Egg, Fish, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Finely chop the red onions and chilli and fry until lightly brown, add in the tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile cook pasta as per packet instructions and grill the grammon until cooked though, once cooked, dice into about 1cm cubes.
3. Once the pasta is cooked drain and add the gammon to it.
4. Blend the onion and tomato sauce until smooth and pour over the pasta. Add in the peas at the same time (if you are using frozen peas it is fine to add them in still frozen), stir well.
5. Place the pasta in an oven proof dish, grate the cheese on top and then place in an oven on gas mark 4 for about 20 mins until browned.
This recipe makes 4 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2019 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk