Fried Asparagus and Beans with Salmon - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 9th May 2018
A simple high protein lunch idea that is really easy to make and naturally gluten free. Filled with chickpeas, vegetables and fish it is packed with nutrients and a fabulously filling lunch with some great flavours, both mild and intense, the combination of all the elements are just a flavour sensation.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
1/2tsp garlic paste
60g mixed beans (chickpeas, black beans and kidney beans)
1/2tsp chilli powder
100g smoked salmon slices
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Dairy, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Cut asparagus spears in half length ways and fry in a frying pan along with garlic paste, you can either dry fry, use frylight or use a drop of oil, all those ways work. Fry until lightly browned and slightly softened.
2. In a separate frying or sauce pan, put about a 1tsp of water and the spinach, heat for a couple of minutes to wilt the spinach. Place the spinach in the frying pan with the asparagus.
3. Pour the mixed beans into the frying and pan and heat for 2-3 minutes, mix the veg and the beans and add a little chilli powder, stir to coat and fry for another minute.
4. While the veg and beans are finishing off, place a pan of water on the hob, bringing boiling then crack and egg in. Poach the egg for about 4 minutes so it is soft in the middle still.
5. Place the veg and beans on a plate, top with salmon slices and finish with the poached egg.
This recipe makes 1 Serving
Nutritional info per serving
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk