A simple high protein lunch idea that is really easy to make and naturally gluten free. Filled with chickpeas, vegetables and fish it is packed with nutrients and a fabulously filling lunch with some great flavours, both mild and intense, the combination of all the elements are just a flavour sensation.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein Slimming World Friendly
1/2tsp garlic paste
60g mixed beans (chickpeas, black beans and kidney beans)
1/2tsp chilli powder
100g smoked salmon slicesPreparation Time:
10 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 1 Serving
This recipe is free from...
1. Cut asparagus spears in half length ways and fry in a frying pan along with garlic paste, you can either dry fry, use frylight or use a drop of oil, all those ways work. Fry until lightly browned and slightly softened.
2. In a separate frying or sauce pan, put about a 1tsp of water and the spinach, heat for a couple of minutes to wilt the spinach. Place the spinach in the frying pan with the asparagus.
3. Pour the mixed beans into the frying and pan and heat for 2-3 minutes, mix the veg and the beans and add a little chilli powder, stir to coat and fry for another minute.
4. While the veg and beans are finishing off, place a pan of water on the hob, bringing boiling then crack and egg in. Poach the egg for about 4 minutes so it is soft in the middle still.
5. Place the veg and beans on a plate, top with salmon slices and finish with the poached egg.
Nutritional info per serving