Fish Pie Pasta - Coeliac Sanctuary
Posted On: 20th January 2020
I love some pasta and I also love fish pie, so what isn't to love in this gluten free combination of both, with delicious melted cheese on the top. With potatoes switched to pasta but still with that delicious fish pie mix and parsley sauce this is a proper comfort food treat.
Recipe By: Alison Wheatley at http://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk
This recipe is...
120g gluten free pasta
200g fish pie mix
80g cheddar cheese
Preparation Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
This recipe is free from...
Celery, Crustaceans, Egg, Gluten, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soya, Sulphites, Tree Nuts
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
2. While the pasta is cooking place the milk in a saucepan and heat until not quite boiling, add the fish pie mix and roughly chopped leeks to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins until the fish is just cooked.
3. With a slotted spoon remove the fish and leek from the milk and set aside.
4. Pour about 50ml of the milk from the pan into a jug and mix in the cornflour, place the rest of the milk back on the hob and add the dill and parsley then stir in the cornflour, keep stirring until the milk has thickened into a nice sauce.
5. Flake the fish back into the sauce and also add the leeks back in. Once the pasta is cooked, add this into the sauce too and stir around to coat.
6. Pour the pasta into a large dish (or individual sized if you prefer) and grate the cheese over the top.
7. Place the dish under a hot grill for about 5 mins until the cheese it nicely melted then serve.
This recipe makes 2 servings
Nutritional info per serving
© 2020 Coeliac Sanctuary - https://www.coeliacsanctuary.co.uk