If you don't have a chip shop near you that offers gluten free, why not have a go at making your own, gluten free batter is pretty easy to make it's just not always getting it to go golden! It is as easy as dunking your fish in batter mix and deep frying, a really easy Friday night treat after a long work week.
This recipe is...
Low Sugar High Protein Dairy Free FODMAP Friendly
Large saucepan 3/4 filled with vegetable oil
4 large baking potatoes
4 cod loin fillets
200g gluten free plain flour, plus a little extra for coating
1/2tsp gluten free baking powder
250ml waterPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
30 MinsThis recipe makes 4 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Heat the oil until you get a nice bubble going.
2. Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into chips, once the oil is hot, you can put them in but you might have to do them in 2 batches. Once golden and soft, remove from the oil. You might want to keep them warm in a very low oven.
3. As the chips are frying, beat together the flour, baking powder and water.
4. Coat each fish fillet in a little flour, this is so the batter will stick to the fish.
5. Once your chips are out of the oil, dunk each fillet into the batter mix, making sure they are coated well and drop into the oil, each fillet will take 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of your saucepan, you might only get 1 or 2 fillets in at a time. The batter will stay quite pale.
Nutritional info per serving