Brownies. I know it is always brownies! But these are a little different, they are flourless making them naturally gluten free but also have a festive spiced to them, so they are not only chocolate but they are chocolate Christmas flavoured with a delectable almond spice topping too, a proper Christmas treat.
This recipe is...
Vegetarian Dairy Free
200g dark chocolate
150g sunflower spread
6 large eggs
200g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
100g ground almonds
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp ground clovesTopping
50g flaked almonds
1tbsp caster sugar
1/2tbsp waterPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
40 MinsThis recipe makes 12 brownies
This recipe is free from...
1. Break up the chocolate and place in a saucepan, add the sunflower spread and place on a low heat, gently stir until all the chocolate and sunflower spread has melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, crack in all your eggs and add the sugar and vanilla, using an electric whisk, whisk the eggs until thick and foamy (about 5 minutes).
3. In another bowl mix together the ground almonds and spices then gently fold this mix into the eggs, being careful not to knock to much air out.
4. Pour the chocolate mix into the eggs and again fold until well combined.
5. Pour the mix into a greased tray (roughly 9x13 inch size tin should do),we filled it about 90% of the way up the side as it doesn't rise to much.
6. Place the tin in an oven preheated to gas mark 4 and bake for 35-40 mins until firm on top and a skewer pushed into the middle comes out clean.
7. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray.
8. Once cool you can make the topping. Mix together all the topping ingredients in a bowl and spoon over the brownie, the brownie can then be cut into slices and served.
You can use margarine or butter instead of sunflower spread if you don't want them dairy free
Nutritional info per brownie