You have Lisa from Sweet Mandarin to thank for this little gem, she is the one that taught me that the best chicken nuggets are done just using potato starch which is naturally gluten free, a quick little Chinese cooking tip! These are whipped up so fast and taste better than any other chicken nuggets out there!
This recipe is...
Low Sugar Low Fat High Protein Dairy Free
2 chicken breast fillets
90g potato starch (or cornflour)
4-5tbsp of water
1/2tsp saltPreparation Time:
20 MinsCooking Time:
15 MinsThis recipe makes 2 servings
This recipe is free from...
1. Dice the chicken in to bitesize cubes and set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix 30g of the potato starch/cornflour with 4-5tbsp of water, sugar and salt to make a fairly thin solution.
3. Add the chicken to the potato starch mix, coat the chicken as evenly as you can and them place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
4. While the chicken is resting heat some oil to deep fry your chicken in.
5. Place the rest of the potato starch on a plate. Once the chicken in chilled, remove from the fridge and roll each piece of chicken in the potato starch until thoroughly coated.
6. Drop the pieces of chicken in to the hot oil and cook for about 10-15 minutes, if not golden cook for a little longer and then remove from the oil. Serve with chips and salad or vegetables.
Nutritional info per serving